Below, you'll find a list of all of the equipment you need to start homebrewing! There are definitely additional things that you can purchase to make some of the steps easier, but you don't need to buy a bunch of fancy stuff to start brewing great beer. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions. Cheers!
* If you are looking for a starter kit that includes all necessary equipment and a recipe kit for your first beer, we recommend Northern Brewer's Brew Share Enjoy® Homebrew Starter Kit.
- Kettle (5 gallons)
- Grain bag
- Ice (for an ice bath to cool your wort)
- 6.5-gallon bucket with grommeted lid
- Bottle filler or bottling bucket
- Bottle capper
- The ingredients that you need to get started are seemingly very basic (grains and malt, hops, and yeast), but the selection of each depends on the beer style that you want to create. We recommend starting with a recipe kit for your first brew to familiarize yourself with the process, and then build from there.
Copyright © 2020 Big Red Brewing. All Rights Reserved.